Monday, July 2, 2018

TOMBSTONE, SATURDAY 6-30-2018

We drove to Tombstone, Arizona Saturday to meet with friends from the Leone Mafia, and to enjoy the Freedom Day festivities.  It was also the 25th anniversary of the movie TOMBSTONE.  Several actors from the film were in town, but I only saw them at the parade.  Colonel Allen West was the parade's grand marshal.  After the parade, we headed over to the Crystal Palace and ran into none other than Colonel West on the sidewalk.  He told me to just call him Allen and I got a picture of him with my wife .  Later, we at the OK Cafe and there he was at the table next to us.  He bused his own table so he could meet the kitchen staff.  Now I can say I'm on a first name basis with Allen West, and we had lunch with him to boot.  Very pleasant, soft-spoken man who is every bit as nice in person as he appears on TV.


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we did. Missed your smiling face, we surely did. Unfortunately, Barb and I could only stay the day. We left when the others went to a sold out Q&A with the TOMBSTONE cast.

    ReplyDelete